Established in 1982, the school was originally founded as a ministry of Hosanna Christian Fellowship of Tacoma, but has since continued as a separate entity.
Hosanna Christian School, rooted in biblical foundation and academic excellence, nurtures each student spiritually, intellectually, creatively and physically, in a loving Christian environment, so they will live to glorify God.
We believe that the ultimate responsibility of spiritually training a child rests on the shoulders of the parents. Our school is a ministry to assist parents in fulfilling that responsibility. As a result, we believe it is imperative that the parents are Christians and are consistent with this conviction in their lives.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one eternal and triune God, perfect in all His attributes, Who exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4, Matt. 28:19)
- We believe in Jesus Christ: in His perfect humanity and full deity, in His virgin birth and sinless life, in His death on the cross and shed blood to provide salvation for mankind, His rising from the dead, and His literal and soon return to earth (John 1:1, 14, 14:3, 20)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit: in His personality and full deity, in His work in the earth today, in His supernatural fullness, gifting and workings as being available today (John 14:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in the Bible: that is the inerrant, inspired, infallible, full and finally authoritative Word of God (II Peter 3:15-17, II Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in both the necessity and provision of salvation. All persons are sinful, but may receive pardon and salvation through the person of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23, 10:13)
- We believe in the church: that there is one true universal body of Christ (Matt. 16:18) made up of Jesus’ disciples worldwide, and the gathering together of these disciples in local assembly (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- We believe in heaven and hell: that both are real places; the one of bliss for the righteous forever, the other of torment for the unrighteous forever (Rev. 20:14-15, 21:2)
Hosanna Christian School is an independent Christian school founded in 1982. The school exists as a non-profit educational corporation, incorporated in the State of Washington. It is controlled by the Hosanna Christian School Board of Directors.
The school has been a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) since 1987. The school is also a member of the Puget Sound-based Principals’ Association of Christian Schools (PACS).
Hosanna Christian School is not affiliated with any church or denomination.